Following new investment and a variety of client wins, Business News Wales is scaling fast and is now looking to hire a dynamic operations manager to start with immediate effect.
This is an exciting opportunity for an ambitious individual. We are looking for an enthusiastic, determined individual with a desire to succeed. As a fast-scaling business, there is a real opportunity to develop the role within the business, for the right candidate.
Business News Wales is a dynamic Welsh Independent publisher covering 12 key industries and 22 regions across Wales. With no political views or editorial agenda, our goal is to create the number one source of business news in Wales creating a level playing field for every business no matter of size.
Scope of Job
We are now looking for an ambitious operational manager to plan, manage and control a wide variety of day to day operational tasks.
- Support the MD in growing the business from an operational perspective
- Management of all existing and new clients contracts
- Weekly business performance review sessions with MD & departmental managers
- Monitoring and communicating monthly business performance
- Support and monitor all team members and deal with manager/client queries
- Involvement with operational issues and monitoring quality
- Co-ordination of MD/client meetings/ networking and preparation of partner meetings
- Liaising and managing partnerships
- Assist with a variety of HR duties
- Forward planning of features and interviews, highlighting and prioritising content gaps
- Establishing and maintaining strong relations with PR agencies – liaising with them directly on forward features where required
- Working on several campaigns at once, sometimes under pressure and often to tight deadlines
- Assisting clients in building their content strategy
- Keeping up to date with industry news and trends
- Ensuring quality content is published on the Business News Wales website
- Managing a network of freelance contributors
- Planning and organisation skills with the ability to multi-task, work to deadlines, and prioritise workload efficiently
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Strong administrative skills
- A flexible and adaptable approach to work
- The ability to work on your own initiative within a small team
- Tact and discretion, for dealing with confidential information
- A positive ‘can do’ attitude
- Ability to think and write creatively on any issue would be a great advantage
- Good verbal communication skills and an understanding of customers’ needs