With any insurance agreement, the aim is to minimize the effects of an issue on your business. When disaster strikes, a quick effective response can be vital to keep you trading.
In the event of a loss your Insurers will instruct a Loss Adjuster, but this individual will work on behalf of and represent the best interests of the Insurer.
What is Towergate Assist?
Towergate Assist is an insurance policy that covers the cost of an independent Loss Adjuster who will work on behalf of and represent the best interests of the Insured; helping with the preparation, negotiation and settlement of your material damage and business interruption claims over £5,000.
Providing support to your business when you need it most the Loss Adjuster will: –
- Personally, visit you within 24 hours of notification of the loss
- Arrange interim payments from Insurers where necessary to maintain the business cash-flow
- Arrange temporary premises and equipment to enable trade to continue, subject to insurer approval
- Prepare a fully valued inventory for all correspondence with Insurers
- Co-ordinate builders, surveyors, decorators etc. as required
- Work in conjunction with your own Accountants to formulate a loss-of-profit claim for Business Interruption claims
- Negotiate with Insurers the best settlement to which you are entitled under the scope of the underlying insurance policy.
Having a Towergate Assist Appointed Loss Adjustor by your side, when a large claim occurs, will help ensure you are treated fairly and removes the hassle of a major claim.
Significant Exclusions and Limitations
Towergate Assist excludes claims in respect of Personal Injury, Liability, Marine, Aviation, Motor, Personal Property, Subsidence, Landslip or Heave claims, Uninsured Losses, Civil Proceedings and a claim outside of the United Kingdom (Including the Isle of Man and Channel Islands).
More information on Towergate Assist
If you are interested in learning more about Towergate Assist, contact Christian Jones at Towergate on [email protected]
Towergate is a trading name of Towergate Underwriting Group Limited
Registered in England No.4043759 . Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority