Monmouthshire County Council is celebrating MonLife’s second year of promoting healthier lives and inspirational experiences, promoting the vibrancy of Monmouthshire as a wonderful place to be.
As part of its celebrations, MonLife, which delivers leisure, youth and outdoor education, green infrastructure, countryside access, arts, museums, attractions and destination management services across the county, has reflected on many of its key achievements in what’s been a challenging period.
Launching in January 2020 and at a time of uncertainty, MonLife has continued to provide services during restrictions and has adapted to make sure it was fit for purpose to ensure residents were still able to access services to help with their health and wellbeing.
Here are a few key highlights of MonLife’s achievements over the last 2 years:
- £2.5m investment into leisure facilities.
- 863,000 visits to 4 Leisure Centres and 300,000 to heritage attractions.
- £1.3m contributed to the local economy due to Monmouthshire Museums.
- 86% of young people engaged in the Shift project perceived an improvement in their mental health/emotional wellbeing.
- 700 older adults, people living with dementia and their carers have been engaged in creative activities.
- 99% of visitors would recommend Monmouthshire as a place to visit.
Praising MonLife for its excellent contributions, Councillor Lisa Dymock, with responsibility for MonLife said:
“The team have worked tirelessly over the first two years to deliver services to our communities. It has been a testing time, but we have a tremendous sense of pride in what has been achieved through all our teams’ endeavours and hard work. We are planning for 2022 to be an even better year, considering how we can enhance our services by consultations and listening to residents’ ideas.”
Ian Saunders, Chief Operating Officer
“I would just like to thank our customers and teams who contribute each day to being part of MonLife services and programmes, we are all so very proud of the outcomes they deliver”
For further information on MonLife’s achievements, please click on the 2nd Birthday Infographic here: Birthday Infographic – Monlife.
For information about the work MonLife is doing in Monmouthshire, please visit: Home – Monlife