What is Mental Health First Aid?
Mental Health First Aid (MHFA) is an internationally recognised trainingcourse, designed to teach you how to spot the signs and symptoms ofmental health conditions and provide help on a first aid basis.
What will I learn on the course?
- What to say and do in a crisis.
- Practice listening and responding.
- How to apply the 5 steps of MHFA.
- The importance of good listening skills.
- Understanding recovery from mental health problems.
- How to respond if you believe someone is at risk of suicide.
- How to give immediate help until professional help is available.
- Understanding the connection between mental health problems and alcohol and drugs.
- Understanding the connection between mental health problems and discrimination.
- Some basic information about common mental health problems Self-help
Where, when how long?
- The MHFA course takes 12 hours to complete over 2 consecutive days.
- Held at Ajuda Training Academy or at a venue to suit you for group bookings.
- Bookings are being taken so please get in touch with the team for more info.
Cost:£120 +VAT per person
WHEN:27th Jun 2019 – 09:30 – 28th Jun 2019 – 16:30
WHERE:Cardiff – Ajuda Training Academy, Cardiff Bay