When faced with an overwhelming backlog of tasks, it’s difficult to know what to focus on first. This is especially true if every activity is considered, by someone, to be vitally important to the success of your project, programme or business.
However, it’s also said that if everything is equally important then everything must also be equally unimportant and, without action, this way of thinking can easily lead to stalemate.
So, how do you filter through the noise to identify those tasks that will have the most impact, and have your team start delivering value rather than just ticking off items as ‘done’?
The answer lies in considered, collaborative prioritisation – and if you want to learn how exactly to achieve this, you’ll need to be at our upcoming event, taking place on Thursday 14th March at the Box UK offices in Cardiff.
Getting Prioritisation Right
Working together with master practitioner Andrew Beaney, at this workshop you’ll explore what it is that makes something a true priority, and understand how the ‘who’ and ‘why’ behind requests matter just as much as the request itself.
Andrew will also introduce you to a number of practical techniques for the validation and comparison of task priority that will aid you in your planning efforts – drawing on his many years of experience providing coaching to organisations such as Amway, the National Assembly for Wales and Jaguar Land Rover.
Expect to leave the session with:
- An understanding of the difference between ‘importance’ and ‘urgency’, and how this needs to affect the decisions you take
- Tools that help you identify what to work on first (to deliver value), as well as what tasks you might eliminate altogether (to prevent waste)
- Clear guidance on maintaining a prioritised backlog as requirements change
- Arrivals and welcome drink (5:00-5:30)
- Interactive exercises and demonstrations
- Summary and networking (7:00-7:30)
- Post-event drinks at the Head of Steam, Church St
WHEN:14th March 2019 – 17:00 – 19:30 GMT
WHERE:Cardiff – Box UK Ltd