Learn to report, measure and improve website activity on our 1-day workshop.
On this hands-on Google Analytics Training Course we will explore Google Analytics from account set-up, to looking at how the interface works, understanding how to interpret metrics and dimensions, creating dashboards and on to its more advanced reporting capabilities. The course is designed to help you better understand the activities of your website visitors to improve their user engagement and increase conversions.
Modules covered on the day:
Introduction to Analytics
- What is Analytics and why do we use it?
- Why is it beneficial to organisations?
Account Structure and Analytics Implementation
- What are properties, views, dimensions and metrics?
- Learn the key concepts: e,g. sessions, users and page views.
- Considering and defining online goals (micro and macro goals).
- Understanding the Analytics Interface
How to use the date and graph selector
- Learn to use primary and secondary dimension selectors.
- Tips on how to use and understand reporting in tables.
- Creating/emailing dashboards, widgets and reports.
- Understanding where visitors come from.
- Exploring your key channels.
- Understanding where Google’s Search console fits in.
- Dimensions and Metrics in standard reports.
- What are the characteristics and reporting features of main reports:Audience,
Standard Reports – Conversions
- Aligning business and marketing objectives to Analytics.
- Micro and Macro goals.
- Events – tracking on-page events (pdf’s, videos, links, etc)
- Goal flow and visualisation.
Segments & Customisation
- How to create segments.
- Understanding & creating custom reports
- How to set up custom alerts.
- Review and recap.
- Q & A.
Who is it aimed at?
This course is aimed at beginner to intermediate-level students, who have a basic understanding of what Google Analytics is but would like to further develop their knowledge. People from marketing, sales, customer care and the technical departments will all find this course of interest.
Cost:£195 – Early Bird – £175
WHEN:12th June 2019 – 9.15 am – 4.30 pm
WHERE:Cardiff – Cardiff Business Park