Wales' biggest agricultural event, The Royal Welsh Show will not go head this summer because of the coronavirus pandemic organisers have confirmed.
The annual Royal Welsh Show, held at Llanelwedd, near Builth Wells in Powys, usually attracts about 250,000 people from 40 different countries.
The Royal Welsh board said it decided to cancel July's event after holding discussions with the Welsh Government.
The society’s flagship show – the Royal Welsh Agricultural Show – had been due to take place from July 19-22.
RWAS chief executive Steve Hughson said: “We continue to work alongside the Welsh Government and Public Health Wales to create a ‘road map’ for the safe re-opening of events.
“Our events are central to the rural economy and way of life and mean so much to members, exhibitors, traders and visitors and we fully understand the responsibility on all of us to ensure we deliver our events as soon as it is safe to do so.
Despite these challenges, the society has stepped forward to support our local community by providing free facilities for a Covid-19 testing centre and a mass vaccination centre.
Chairman of the Board John T Davies said: “It is with the regret that the decision has been made to cancel this year’s Smallholding and Countryside Festival and to postpone the Royal Welsh Show.
“We will explore the possibilities of smaller, alternative events this summer and with the Board of Directors will continue to focus on protecting our society for the next generation.
“We greatly appreciate the support of our members and other stakeholders. The continued support of all associated with the society has never been more important.”
The society will contact those who had booked or reserved tickets for this year’s cancelled and postponed events directly.