Understanding Section106 Planning Obligations
Explain what Community Infrastructure Levy and Section 106 contributions are and how these are implemented.
Planning Obligations can take various forms and are commonly considered to be a Section 106 agreement. Generally, these are an agreement between a developer and a local planning authority about measures that can assist to mitigate community and infrastructure impacts of new developments. However, it is often pointed out that local communities do not feel they fully understand how such agreements work in practice.
This training event provides an interactive session to explore:
- What are Planning Obligations?
- How are they negotiated?
- Describe how developers approach development finance and viability and allow local communities and representatives to understand the financial demands of development.
- Can they be modified or removed?
- Enforcement of Planning Obligations
- A brief explanation of community infrastructure levy.
- How can communities engage in this process and what are the benefits to local communities?
*If you would prefer an invoice and pay by cheque/BACS, please email [email protected] or on 02920 625009