Significant global developments over the last few years have demonstrated a continued shift to a more VUCA (Volatile, Uncertain, Complex and Ambiguous) world. Political issues such as Brexit, evolving terrorism risks, and disruptive technology are influencing the way we manage our businesses and assess the risk of complying with international legislation.
Faced with increasingly complex challenges to aid organisational growth FDs are invited to attend Grant Thornton’s FD Intelligence event to considering some of the major challenges facing UK businesses with Brexit, for both domestic and globally mobile employees and the movement of goods. In addition, SAMI Consulting will be speaking on the importance of Futures Thinking.
The VUCA event is a nationwide initiative running throughout November and Grant Thornton Cardiff’s event is on Wednesday 29th November at 8.00am providing the opportunity to glean insight and debate with fellow FDs on the following topics:
- Assessing employee risk for cross-border workers
- Legislative changes around gender diversity in the workplace
- Preparing for Brexit:
- Social security – increased costs? Where to pay?
- Indirect Taxes – increased duty costs? Additional clearance costs and procedures? Brexit may mean having to do business in a different way, how might it affect you?
- Futures Thinking – robust decisions in uncertain times
If you are interested to attend this event please contact Louise Medina who will provide full details.
WHEN: 29th November