Next Steps for UK Green Finance
This Westminster Business Forum policy conference will bring together key stakeholders and policymakers to discuss the priorities and next steps for green finance in the UK.
It will be a timely opportunity to discuss the updated Green Finance Strategy from HM Treasury and to consider the way forward for government policy under a new Prime Minister.
The Westminster Business Forum are pleased to be able to include a keynote session with Adam Lyons, Head, Green Finance Unit, HM Treasury.
Areas for discussion in the agenda include:
- the updated Green Finance Strategy – developments and implementation
- the UK as an international leader in net-zero finance – regulation – skills development, UK policy and competitive advantages – opportunities for new markets, such as aviation and energy
- regulation – analysis of present frameworks – the role of regulators in enhancing the UK’s attractiveness as a global partner and supporting innovation market and growth
- green finance and place:
understanding the attributes that attract investment – connecting local projects with finance and other partners – improving the availability of green funds for LAs and communities
using green finance to benefit local communities and economies – aligning green investment with wider objectives for prosperity, development, and levelling up
- tackling greenwashing – regulatory priorities – the future of sustainability disclosure requirements and ESG reporting – the way forward for transparency and building trust
- nature finance and biodiversity – the green taxonomy – developing private investment, incentives, and new environmental markets – options for regulation, data collection, and governance
- climate risks – priorities for managing and improving resilience
The conference will be an opportunity for stakeholders to consider the issues alongside key policy officials who are due to attend from the BEIS; DAERA, NI; Defra; DfT; Department of Finance, NI; DIT; HM Treasury; and The Scottish Government.