This article has been submitted by Business Wales
The Welsh Government wants your views on the policy proposals for delivering a permanent small business rates relief (SBRR) scheme for Wales.
From 1 April 2018 the Welsh Government are introducing a new SBRR scheme in Wales. This permanent scheme aims to more effectively target support for small businesses.
The consultation proposals include:
- Limiting relief for businesses qualifying for SBRR across multiple properties
- Reviewing current and future exceptions from SBRR
- Increasing support for eligible small businesses
- Providing additional relief for certain sectors which support wider government objectives, for example the childcare sector
- Longer term considerations for the scheme
Please submit your comments by 13 October 2017.
For further information please visit the Welsh Government website