Volunteering is one of the most powerful ways businesses can support communities across Wales. Over the last few years over 2,000 employees from over 100 different organisations volunteered over 20,000 hours of their time, energy, experience and expertise through Business in the Community, helping more than 200,000 beneficiaries across the nation.
In addition to personal and professional skills development, volunteering can also have a positive impact on wellbeing and mental health.
From 21 May to 25 May 2018 businesses of all sizes and sectors will be taking part in Action Days coordinated and managed by Business in the Community (BITC) across Cardiff, Newport, Swansea, Wrexham and Rhondda Cynon Taf.
The cost of BITC Days 2018 participation is £60 + VAT per volunteer with a minimum of 10 volunteers for most projects. For this, BITC source projects, provide team leader training and offer expert support to maximise your Action Day experience.
For further information please visit the Eventbrite website.
Benefits of Volunteering Include:
- Gain confidence. Volunteering can help you gain confidence by giving you the chance to try something new and build a real sense of achievement.
- Make a difference. Volunteering can have a real and valuable positive affect on people, communities and society in general.
- Meet people.Volunteering can help you meet different kinds of people and make new friends.
- Be part of a community. Volunteering can help you feel part of something outside your friends and family.
- Learn new skills. Volunteering can help you learn new skills, gain experience and sometimes even qualifications.
- Take on a challenge. Through volunteering you can challenge yourself to try something different, achieve personal goals, practice using your skills and discover hidden talents.
- Have fun! Most volunteers have a great time, regardless of why they do it.
Find out how by being a responsible business can benefit the people and places around you whilst having a positive impact on your business, by visiting the Business Wales Responsible Business pages.