The Finance Awards Wales were designed to recognise, attract and invest in the talented finance professionals working in Wales.
The ceremony will showcase the best in finance talent across Wales and recognise the sectors. From the next generation of Apprentices and Graduates, to those seasoned Finance Directors and Chief Financial Officers at the forefront of the sector in Wales, the Awards will recognise the best talent in the sector and honour its unsung heroes leading transactional accounting.
The inaugural event is all set to take place on the 20th April 2018, welcoming some of the biggest names in Welsh business to the City Hall, Cardiff.
Having already confirmed prestigious sponsors such as Grant Thornton, Target Group and Bibby Financial Services the application deadline is 18th January, so you only have 1 week to nominate yourself or others for any one of the eleven awards on offer.
The Awards are being organised by principal partner Recruit 121 Finance & Accounting Solutions. The Cardiff-based firm – a specialist staffing provider for the Finance sector – is currently ranked as one of the 50 fastest growing recruitment businesses in the UK, in an industry of over 29,000 nationwide.
Recruit 121 Managing Director, Che Hookings, commented: “The Finance sector is a key driver of our Welsh economy. To build, attract and retain the very best businesses depends on the ability to procure excellent resources in this key function of every business and yet until now its achievements at a national level have never been fully recognised. The Finance Awards Wales will remedy that.
Ken Skates, Wales’ Economy and Infrastructure Cabinet Secretary has been keen to promote the event.
“Finance Awards Wales will recognise the very best talent and will show that Wales has the skills to compete at the highest levels of world business” he says.
Equally as thrilled to see the event taking shape is Matt Hyde, Managing Director of Finance Awards Wales:
“Our Finance professionals are the trusted backbone of business in Wales. The awards will celebrate their achievements” he adds.
Covering a vast spectrum of skills at various levels, the awards categories are as follows:
- Chief Financial Officer/Finance Director of the Year
- Young Finance Director of the Year
- Financial Controller of the Year
- Accountant of the Year
- Accounts Assistant of the Year
- Purchase Ledger Team of the Year
- Credit Team of the Year
- Rising Star of the Year
- Small Finance Team of the Year
- Medium/Large Finance Team
- Outstanding Contribution to Finance in Wales
Judging the awards are three professionals from various areas of the financial world. These include:
- Mike Fowler – Group Finance Director Leekes Retail and Leisure Group
- Mark Tweed – Managing Director UK, Ireland & Sweden GM Financial
- Emma Peterson – Director, Recruit 121 Finance & Accounting Solutions
Chairing the judging panel will be Ken Poole, Head of Economic Development, City of Cardiff Council.
- Awards Launch – 18 October 2017
- Tickets to Awards Dinner On Sale – 18 October 2017
- Deadline for Nominations – 18 January 2018
- Finalists Announced – 21 February 2018
- Finance Awards Wales – Dinner & Ceremony – Friday 20 April 2018
Applying or nominating an individual or company is very easy. Simply fill in the online application form on the award’s official website – FinanceAwardsWales.Com.