FSB Wales is this week beginning its search for the best of the small businesses in the Wales as entries open for the FSB Celebrating Small Business Awards 2020.
There are around 10,000 small businesses and self-employed in the country.
Small businesses are being urged to enter before the closing date of 24th January. Twelve award categories this year include the Wellbeing in Small Business Award, building on FSB’s successful work in advocating measures to improve wellbeing and mental health for the self-employed, small business owners and their employees.
Ben Francis, FSB Wales Policy Chair, said:
“The FSB Wales Celebrating Small Business Awards offer smaller businesses and self-employed individuals the opportunity to really let their business shine – both on the Welsh and UK stage. SMEs are a crucial part of Wales – both by contributing so much to the economy, contributing to our local communities and by making our country a more exciting place in which to live, work, study and visit. The awards give everyone the opportunity to join us in celebrating that.”
The 2020 area winners for Wales will be announced at an award ceremony on 13th March held in Cardiff. These winners will then go forward to the UK final of the FSB Celebrating Small Business Awards 2020, held in London, on 21 May 2020.
The 12 FSB Celebrating Small Business Awards 2020 categories are:
- Wellbeing in Small Business Award
- Environmental Business of the Year
- Digital/E-commerce Business of the Year
- Sole Trader of the Year
- High Growth Business of the Year
- Micro-business of the Year
- Start-up Business of the Year
- Young Entrepreneur (aged 30 and under)
- Business and Product Innovation Award
- Family Business of the Year
- International Business of the Year
- Wales Social Enterprise of the Year (Wales Only)
For further information and to enter the awards visit www.fsbawards.co.uk