Still time to enter Business Club Awards
Businesses of all sizes and backgrounds still have time to get their entries in for the 10th Rhondda Cynon Taf Business Club Awards, in partnership with the launch sponsors Coleg Y Cymoedd.
Entries for all categories need to be submitted by January 22, in time for the prestigious awards evening on March 11 2016.
This year marks a decade of the 10th Business Club Annual Awards. Since the awards began, scores of businesses of all shapes and specialties have been celebrated and commended for their excellence and achievements which have contributed towards the county borough’s economy and reputation.
The prestigious awards were launched during a breakfast event at Llechwen Hall, near Pontypridd on Thursday, November 19. Representatives from the overall event sponsor Coleg Y Cymoedd attended the launch, as well as local businesses, those hoping to succeed in the awards and representatives from the award category sponsors.
Cllr Robert Bevan, Rhondda Cynon Taf Council’s Cabinet Member for Economic Development and Planning, said:
“We have reached the 10th year of the annual Business Club Awards, which is testament to the commitment we have to supporting local business and enterprise and also to the support we receive from local companies.
“It is important for us to support local businesses and employers, especially in the current climate, and the Business Club, which has a range of support services and events as well as the Awards, provides that.
“It aims to provide an environment in which businesses of all sizes and backgrounds can network, share best practice and secure useful tips and tools from industry experts. Everything from excellence in social media to financial advice is offered via the Business Club.
“The awards would not take place without the support of those organisations that sponsor the events and the categories. We were so pleased to welcome so many representatives from these organisations to the launch event this month.”
The 2016 Business Club Awards have become a local must-attend event and being selected as a finalist or winning an award provides a huge boost to your company and profile. This year’s Business Club launch event is being held in partnership with sponsors Coleg Y Cymoedd.
Entries are now welcome for the 2016 Business Club Awards. They are open to enterprises of all sizes and from all sectors. All we ask is that you have an operational base within Rhondda Cynon Taf.
- Best New Business, sponsored by Veolia. This is open to all businesses that will have been operational for no more than 18 months as of January 1 2016.
- Decade of Business Excellence, sponsored by L’Oreal UKI Ltd. This is open to all businesses that will have been open 10 years or more as of January 1 2016
- Employer of the Year sponsored by Hirwaun Power
- Environmental Business of the Year, sponsored by Enviroparks
- Excellence in Manufacturing, sponsored by Renishaw
- Excellence in Social Enterprise, sponsored by RCT Homes
- High Street Business, sponsored by the Federation of Small Businesses
- Micro Business, sponsored by the University of South Wales, open to businesses that will be 18 months older or more on January 1 2016 and employ no more than nine (FTE) employees (including owner/director)
- RCT Business Club Business of the Year, sponsored by Coleg Y Cymoedd.
You can also call 01443 495169 if you prefer. Closing date for entries is January 22, 2016 at 12pm
Download the awards information pack.
If you would like to book tickets for the 2016 Business Club Awards, the event takes place from 6pm to 12pm on Friday, March 11, 2016 at Llechwen Hall, nr Pontypridd.
Tickets are £35 plus VAT for Business Club Members and £40 plus VAT for non-Business Club members