Today, the shortlist for the inaugural Finance Awards Wales have been announced. Organised by principal partner, Recruit 121 Finance & Accounting Solutions, these awards strive to recognise the wonderful finance talent we boast here in Wales. Sponsored by a variety of big-name brands, including Grant Thornton, Target Group and Bibby Financial Services, the official winners will be announced at a ceremony in the City Hall, Cardiff, on the 20th April 2018.
Recruit 121 Managing Director, Che Hookings, commented:
“The Finance sector is a key driver of our Welsh economy. To build, attract and retain the very best businesses depends on the ability to procure excellent resources in this key function of every business and yet until now its achievements at a national level have never been fully recognised. The Finance Awards Wales will remedy that.”
Ken Skates, Wales’ Economy and Infrastructure Cabinet Secretary has been keen to promote the event.
“Finance Awards Wales will recognise the very best talent and will show that Wales has the skills to compete at the highest levels of world business” he says.
Equally as thrilled to see the event taking shape is Matt Hyde, Managing Director of Finance Awards Wales:
“Our Finance professionals are the trusted backbone of business in Wales. The awards will celebrate their achievements” he adds.
Below are the businesses and individuals that have made the shortlist.
Chief Financial Officer/Financial Director of the Year
- Daniel Clegg – Amber Energy
- Andrew Gibbs – Bridgend College
- Mark Burn – Henry Howard Finance
- Hannah Heath – JoJo Maman Bébé Ltd
- Phillip Evans – LBS Builders Merchants
Young Financial Director of the YEAR
- Daniel Clegg – Amber Energy
- Sara Foster – Bridgend College
- David Landen – Hodge Bank
- Emily Pullham – Vista Retail Support
Financial Controller of the Year
- Vicky Williams – Flexicare Medical
- Claire Burdett – Greenaway Scott
- Mark Evans – Henry Howard Finance
- Sarah Louise Edwards – Thomas Carroll Group
- Tony Sleap – Vista Retail Support
Accountant of the Year
- Lauren Palmer – Principality Building Society
- Craig Blackmore – Verde Corporate Finance
- Matthew Jones – Veezu
Accounts Assistant of the Year
- Beth Hayes – Inspiresport
- Peter Fraser – Magnet and Steel
- Katharine Redwood – New Directions Holdings Ltd
- Olivia Evans – Tiger Cardiff Ltd (Flying Tiger Copenhagen)
Rising Star of the Year
- Gwenno George – Acuity Legal
- Simon Waters – Principality Building Society
- Sally Avery – Retail Merchandising Services
- Christian Evans – Sanktuary Investments
Credit Team of the Year
- Newsquest Media Group
Small Finance Team of the Year
- Awel coop
- Guardian Global Technologies Ltd.
- South Wales Trunk Road Agent
Finance Team of the Year Financial Services
- Clickery Financial Ltd
- Henry Howard Finance
- Hodge Bank
Medium/Large Finance Team of the YEAR
- Admiral Group Plc
- Dyfed Steel
- Jojo Maman Bébé Ltd
- Penguin Wealth
- Target Group
For more information on the 2018 awards ceremony, head over to the Finance Awards Wales website.