TITLE: Editorial Assistant
SALARY: £25,000 – £35,000 PA
LOCATION: Hybrid working (applicants from all corners of Wales are encouraged to apply)
Contact: [email protected] along with your CV and let’s arrange a confidential and informal chat about the role
About the role
This is an opportunity to work at one of Wales’s fastest growing media businesses, helping to showcase the key news stories and information relevant to businesses in Wales
- We are looking for a highly organised editorial assistant who will be hands on producing great content, whilst supporting our editor and production team in managing the editorial schedules for all our sections, newsletters and web platforms.
- The role will be varied and often deadline focused. One day you will be planning and researching feature ideas, the next interviewing high-profile business leaders.
- You will be able to demonstrate a passion for journalism and content production
- You will have excellent grammar and writing skills
- You will have audio interviewing and podcast hosting experience or be willing to train in this area
- You will have an insatiable appetite for business and current affairs in Wales.
- You will be highly organised and have an immaculate attention for detail
- You will have good IT skills and the ability to use the internet as an effective research tool
- You have the ability to prioritise and work to strict deadlines
- You can work under pressure with flexibility and reliability
- You have a good team work ethic
Founded in 2015, Business News Wales is an independently owned Welsh media and communications company, driven by a highly experienced team striving to make a difference. We are trusted by over 70 businesses and organisations across Wales, providing strategic ‘hybrid’ communications support and a suite of production and distribution services. In regular dialogue with Welsh and UK Governments, Business News Wales has its finger on the pulse of the drivers and dynamics for each sector of the Welsh economy — segmenting audiences on a regional and industry level and engages with thousands of business professionals every day.