The Rural Business Investment Scheme – FOOD (RBISF) is a capital investments scheme to support projects that offer clear and quantifiable benefits to the food and drink industry in Wales. The scheme is open to existing and start up micro & small food and drink processors and manufacturers throughout Wales such as:
- Sole traders
- Voluntary sector organisations
- Private and public limited companies
- Businesses that want to process agricultural products but do not meet the criteria for the Food Business Investment Scheme
- New businesses including start-up businesses
- The maximum grant for an individual investment project is 40% of the total eligible cost with a maximum of £50,000 for any individual investment project.
This is a capital investment scheme for food and drink processing or manufacturing activities currently not eligible under the Food Business Investment Scheme.
The maximum grant for an individual investment project is 40% of the total eligible cost with a maximum of £50,000 for any individual investment project.
All projects supported through the scheme must make a contribution to the overarching Food Strategy Action Plan – Towards Sustainable Growth: An Action Plan for the Food and Drink Industry 2010 -2020 with one or more of the following objectives:
Promoting and developing a growing and vibrant food and drink sector in Wales
Continuing to develop a green image based on sustainable production methods
Further building resilience into the industry to withstand market changes
Driving improvements in food safety and security
Promoting technological innovation in both product and processes
Providing career opportunities at varying skill levels.
The current application window is open and the closing date is 19 September 2018. Another application window will open on 29 October 2018 and closes on 3 December 2018.