The Alan Turing Institute has launched a consultation about the needs of small and medium-sized firms across the UK, and Welsh SMEs are encouraged to contribute.
The institute is seeking feedback about the needs of smaller businesses in artificial intelligence and data science, as well as identifying gaps in the support available to help them grow and succeed. The consultation is open to small businesses, universities and business support organisations.
The consultation will seek to enable the Turing to:
- Better understand the needs of UK SMEs in AI and data science and how these are currently being serviced
- Identify what opportunities or gaps, if any, exist to support the growth of UK SMEs
- Learn what support, if any, the Turing is best placed to provide, given its aims and capabilities as an AI and data science research institute
The Alan Turing Institute is seeking submissions from:
- SMEs across the UK from all sectors, ranging from grassroots to established businesses
- Universities across the UK, particularly the Turing’s 13 university partners
- Other support providers which deliver services to aid UK SMEs in growth and development, including third sector organisations and government-funded organisations across the UK
It is important that SMEs, and support providers, are able to guide how the research base could be better utilised to generate meaningful opportunities for innovation and growth. The Institute represents a considerable volume of research activity and industry interactions and is eager to understand how it might improve its engagement with smaller firms.
The deadline for consultation responses is 26 November 2018.