Three new cameras are being put in place to help traffic flow at three locations in the city.
A yellow box junction will be enforced outside Cardiff Prison, next to Cardiff Magistrates’ Court, at the junction with Moira Terrace; Windsor Road; Adam Street and Fitzalan Place. This is a major junction in the city centre which is often congested due to motorists stopping illegally in the yellow box junction.
The second new camera will be enforcing the no right turn coming down on Cardiff Road through Llandaff, turning right by the Maltsters pub. This no right turn has been in place for some time, but the failure of motorists to abide by it, results in further congestion through Llandaff Village.
The last new camera will be enforcing the bus stop in Cardiff Bay by Mermaid Quay on New George Street. Stopping or parking in bus stops is illegal, as it is causes a health and safety issue for those waiting or getting off a bus. Private Hire taxis and Hackney Carriage drivers are able to pick up or drop of in bus stop but they are not allowed to wait.
Enforcement started on July 30th 2018.
This now brings the number of Moving Traffic Offence cameras to 46 with 20 enforcing bus lanes, 8 enforcing yellow box junctions, 13 enforcing banned turns, 4 enforcing no entry to certain streets and 1 enforcing a bus stop.
In addition to the new cameras above, the cameras which are currently being enforced are located at the following locations:
- Newport Road before the junction with Colchester Avenue
- Newport Road before the junction with Rover Way
- Newport Road before the junction with Beresford Road
- Newport Road before the junction with Station Terrace
- Newport Road before the junction with West Grove
- Newport Road before the junction with Fitzalan Place
- Custom House Street East Bound
- Custom House Street West Bound
- Duke Street
- Kingsway South West Bound
- North Road after Boulevard De Nantes
- Caerphilly Road after the junction with Phoenix Road
- Caerphilly Road before the junction with Pum Erw Road
- Caerphilly Road before the junction with Tair Erw Road
- Crwys Road
- Park Place
- Llantrisant Road
- Southern Way
- Churchill Way Rear of Motorpoint Arena.
- Cowbridge Road East
Yellow Box Junctions
- Dumfries Place / Station Terrace / Newport Road
- Leckwith Road / Brian Way / Athletic Stadium
- Bute Street / Bute Terrace / Hayes Bridge Road / Custom House Street
- Adam Street / Central Link.
- A4232 Eastern Bay link Road Gyratory
- Leckwith Gyratory junction of the A4323 slip road from Hadfield Road
- Leckwith Gyratory junction of the A4323 slip road to Leckwith Road
- No Left Turn – Hayes Bridge Road into John Lewis Car Park
- No Left Turn – Birchgrove Road into Manor Way
- No Left Turn – Amorth Road into Cowbridge Road West
- No Left Turn (Except Buses and Taxis) – St Marys Street into Mill Lane
- No Left Turn (Except Buses and Taxis) – Westgate Street into Wood Street
- No Right Turn (Except Buses) – Newport Road into New Road
- No Right Turn – North Road into College Road
- No Right Turn – Colum Road into Corbett Road
- No Right Turn – Crystal Glen into Heathwood Road
- No Right Turn – Piercefield Place into Newport Road
- No Right Turn – Churchill Way into North Edward Street
- No U Turn – Newport Road at Junction with Wordsworth Avenue.
- Paget Street
- Malvern Drive East Bound
- Malvern Drive West Bound.
- Linden Grove