Yeollo was named as the UK’s Eagle Labs Innovation of the Year, which recognises companies from within the Eagle Labs ecosystem who have shown real innovation and created products or services that have positively transformed their industry or community, and are now operating sustainable and viable businesses on the road to big things.
Yoello aims to disrupt the existing payment system and digitalise the hospitality, retail and leisure industry through mobile technology. Yoello offers a platform for mobile payments and online order & pay to businesses so they can offer in-venue contactless payment options including table service, collection points, click & collect and delivery services all through one easy-to-use platform. The multi-award-winning platform is an affordable solution increases businesses revenue, efficiency and table turnover – even with reduced staff.
Sina Yamani, Founder and CEO of Yoello, said:
“Being a member of the Eagle Labs was an invaluable asset to our early growth. Whilst we were with the lab, our business grew from two people to over fifty in less than a year. To win the national finals represents all the hard work and dedication the Yoello team have put in to get the business to where it is today.
Whilst a big part of our business is helping SME’s, Yoello also has large corporate partners utilising our technology.”
Since joining the Cardiff Barclays Eagle Lab in April 2019, Yoello now have 70+ employees, have won multiple awards, successfully launched across seven countries and have supported thousands of businesses with over a million people in the UK paying with Yoello’s mobile payments technology.
The Barclays Entrepreneur Awards recognise the importance of the UK’s entrepreneurial spirit, and showcase founders and their businesses from across the country, who amid the pandemic have succeeded in bringing together their creativity, passion and innovation to run successful high growth businesses.
Katherine Morgan, Head of High Growth & Entrepreneurs at Barclays, said:
“The national awards are a celebration of the exceptional innovation and leadership entrepreneurs demonstrate, helping to create social change and boost our local economies. This is our opportunity to celebrate some of the UK’s most successful home-grown ventures, many of whom have skilfully utilised international markets, in turn generating new jobs and driving economic growth. These awards allow us to recognise and celebrate the founders behind these businesses, and we would like to congratulate Sina and all at Yoello on their success.”
The national judging panel were made up of key industry leaders and influencers, who selected the overall national winners, drawn from over 1,000 applications, across the UK.
The Barclays Entrepreneur Awards consist of ten award categories, ranging from start-up through to international expansion. For the first time, a number of Barclays partners who provide services to help businesses thrive have taken the opportunity to sponsor a category.
For further information visit yoello.com
Barclays Entrepreneur Awards categories:
- Start-Up Entrepreneur of the Year, sponsored by Barclays: entrepreneurs who have started new, fast-growing businesses. Winner – Hertility Health, London
- Scale up Entrepreneur of the Year, sponsored by Propel: entrepreneurs whose businesses are growing on a rapid scale. Winner – Itch, North East
- Social Entrepreneur of the Year, sponsored by Smart Pension: entrepreneurs whose companies have delivered transformative social or environmental change. Winner – Changes UK CIC, Midlands
- International Expansion of the Year, sponsored by Nimbla: businesses that have established an impressive trading footprint and market growth in international markets over the last three years. Winner – ChickenGuard, East of England
- Entrepreneur Icon of the Year, sponsored by MarketFinance: entrepreneurs who have successfully turned their vision into reality. Winner – Dr Harry Destecroix, CEO of Science Creates, South West and Wales
- The Barclaycard Next Level Award: recognises the entrepreneurs/businesses that have overcome a significant challenge or grabbed their big business growth moment. Winner – T.H.Burroughs Family Butcher, South West and Wales
- Eagle Labs Innovation Award: companies that have demonstrated impact through digital empowerment and innovative collaboration. Winner – Yoello, South West and Wales
- Rise FinTech Company of the Year Award: companies from the Rise network and Barclays Accelerator Alumni who are creating scaling businesses that are transforming financial services. Winner – CreditEnable, Mumbai
- Outstanding Contribution to Entrepreneurship Award recognises an individual who has had a profound impact on the entrepreneurial ecosystem, shaping and influencing the profile and importance of entrepreneurs for the UK and beyond. Winner – Brent Shawzin Hoberman CBE, a British entrepreneur who together with Martha Lane Fox founded Lastminute.com in 1998.
- People’s Choice Award: for the individual or company who has received the most votes from the general public. Winner – BeoBia, Midlands