This course is for directors of finance and finance staff who have a basic VAT knowledge but want to understand some of the more complex areas.
This course assumes a basic knowledge of UK VAT and aims to:
- Provide an understanding of the UK VAT rules that housing associations must observe including partial exemption requirements and the capital goods scheme
- Give insight into the VAT rules on construction, land and property.
- Cover topical issues update.
- Provide an opportunity for questions and answers.
VAT is often a source of concern and anxiety for housing associations. This course assumes a basic knowledge of VAT and aims to demystify more complex areas.
The training methods will be presentation led with practical examples and a relaxed approach to allow questions to be asked as issues arise. The round table discussion format encourages participants to share common practical concerns and experiences.
By attending this session, you will learn about…………….
More complex areas of VAT, including:
- Partial Exemption, including the framework for the housing sector
- Business and non-business activities
- Capital Goods Scheme
- VAT liability of construction works
- Land & Property
- Energy Efficiency initiatives
- Cost Sharing Exemption
The round table discussion format encourages participants to share common practical concerns and experiences.
Please note that places are limited for this course.
A Certificate of Attendance is available for training records/CPD purposes.
Any queries please contact: [email protected] or call 01633 415390.
www.centurionvat.com – Follow us on twitter: @centuriononVAT
Where: Merlin House, Langstone, Newport. NP18 2HJ
When: Tuesday 17th October, 2017
Time: 9.30am (registration/tea/coffee from 9.00am finishing with lunch at 1pm)