Get your new year off to a great start with our brand new, one day introduction to podcasting at the University of South Wales’ radio studios in Cardiff city centre.
Join our tutor, top radio producer and USW lecturer Steve Johnson (producer of the Creatrium podcast, formerly of Red Dragon FM, Valleys Radio, Bridge FM, Radio Cardiff, GTFM, BBC Radio Wales, Valleys Radio and Cardiff City FC) to learn the basics of what is an ever expanding audio universe where niche is good, long-form is encouraged and great storytelling is prized over all else.
By the end of the day you will have recorded a short pilot of your new podcast.
Topics to be covered include:
- Great examples of podcasts
- Equipment needed for a Minimum Viable Product (MVP)
- Podcasting Software/Apps
- Publishing/Hosting platforms
- Collaborating with others (inc. recording Skype calls)
- Researching the sector, finding your niche.
- Researching the topic, scripting & storyboarding
- A Studio visit
- Sponsorship, advertising and other routes to monetisation
We love podcasting and the potential it holds for journalists to expand their audiences and follow their passions. This is a great opportunity for you to develop your digital skills, at a price you won’t find anywhere else.
WHEN:8th January 2019 – 09:30 – 16:30 GMT
WHERE:Cardiff – Atrium, USW