This course is aimed at beginner to intermediate-level students, who have a basic understanding of what Google Analytics is but would like to further develop their knowledge. People from marketing, sales, customer care and the technical departments will all find this course of interest.
Modules covered on the day
Introduction to Analytics
- What is Analytics and why do we use it?
- Why is it beneficial to organisations?
Account Structure and Analytics Implementation
- What are properties, views, dimensions and metrics?
- Learn the key concepts: e,g. sessions, users and page views.
- Considering and defining online goals (micro and macro goals).
Understanding the Analytics Interface
- How to use the date and graph selector.
- Learn to use primary and secondary dimension selectors.
- Tips on how to use and understand reporting in tables.
- Creating/emailing dashboards, widgets and reports.
- Understanding where visitors come from.
- Exploring your key channels.
- Understanding where Google’s Search console fits in.
- Dimensions and Metrics in standard reports.
- What are the characteristics and reporting features of main reports:Audience,
Standard Reports – Conversions
- Aligning business and marketing objectives to Analytics.
- Micro and Macro goals.
- Events – tracking on-page events (pdf’s, videos, links, etc)
- Goal flow and visualisation.
Segments & Customisation
- How to create segments.
- Understanding & creating custom reports
- How to set up custom alerts.
- Review and recap.
- Q & A.
Cost:Varies – From £175