Opportunities in Ultra Low Carbon Emission Transport and Local Mobility
This is one of two free events, funded by the Welsh Government and organised by Jacobs with support from Cynnal Cymru-Sustain Wales.
The objectives of these events are to enable and motivate public sector professionals to speed up the transition to a low carbon, low emission transport system in Wales, with a particular focus on road transport and alternatives to private car ownership.
Delegates will receive information on SMART and vehicle technology, sources of funding, and examples that show how action can be taken that benefits the organisation, citizens, the local economy, and the environment.
A mixture of presentations, displays, demonstrations and surgeries will enable public sector professionals to learn from peers, industry, advisory organisations, government, and social enterprises.
The events will begin to provide answers to these questions;
- What actions can we take – what has been proven to work?
- What funding is available?
- What is the best/most appropriate technology?
- How can we integrate effective alternatives to private car ownership – shared mobility, mobility as a service, electric bikes – with public transport?
- How can we work in effective partnership with other public bodies, industry, and the community to accelerate the transition to a low emission transport system?
- How will SMART technology help us achieve this?
Who is the event for?
Public sector transport professionals and those delivering transport solutions in partnership with the public sector.
WHEN:21st February 2019 – 09:30 to 15:30 (GMT)
WHERE:Cardiff – Sophia Gardens Stadium