The finalists in the 2017 bigger and better Monmouthshire Business Awards have been announced.
There was a threefold increase in entries for the awards, which have been expanded this year to cover the ‘old Monmouthshire’ – towns and cities that were part of the county prior to 1965.
This year’s awards have gone ‘back to the future’ with entries accepted from businesses in Monmouthshire, Newport, Caerleon, Cwmbran, Ebbw Vale, Usk and Caerphilly.
Award winners will be revealed at a gala dinner and ceremony at the Celtic Manor Resort in Newport on October 6, hosted by broadcaster Hywel James.
MBA founder and director Janet Harris said:
“The significant increase in entries has fully justified our decision to expand the geographical area for this year’s awards.
“We will be filming all the finalists over the next few weeks, ready for what I am sure will be our biggest and best presentation evening and gala dinner.”
The finalists are:
- Best Small Business (sponsored by Spectrum): Axis Chiropractic, Newport; King’s Financial Services, Pontypool; Welsh ICE, Caerphilly; Miracle Workers, Abergavenny.
- Excellence in Manufacturing (sponsored by Reid Lifting): HJ Weir Engineering, Chepstow; Keen Attachments, Caldicot; Capital Valley Plastics, Cwmavon.
- Hospitality, Travel and Tourism (sponsored by Celtic Manor Resort): Chepstow Racecourse; The Whitebrook, Monmouth; The Lion Hotel, Blaenavon.
- Company of the Year (sponsored by Hicks Logistics): Tiny Rebel Brewing, Newport; Estuary Oils, Rogiet; Premier Forest Products, Newport.
- Excellence in Small Food and Drink Producers (sponsored by Monmouthshire Housing Association): Blaenafon Cheddar Company, Blaenavon; Tiny Rebel Brewing, Newport; White Castle Vineyard, Abergavenny.
- Young Apprentice (sponsored by Y Prentis): Ellie Curtis, Little Tigers Daycare, Rogiet; Russell Beale, Vinci, Newport; Chester Maclean Rowles, Lovell, Cardiff.
- New Business Start-Up (sponsored by Business in Focus): Help4Wales Foundation, Caerphilly; HMO Heaven, Newport; Horton’s Coffee House, Newport.
- Excellence in Innovation (sponsored by A2Z Computing): Siltbuster, Monmouth; Capital Valley Plastics, Cwmavon; Flame Protect UK, Abertillery.
- Young Entrepreneur (sponsored by Coleg Gwent): Emily Hicks, Emily Hicks Creative Design, Caerphilly; Owen Richards, Big Lemon Creative, Caerphilly; Michael McLeod, UniGreenScheme, Mamhilad.
- Excellence in Marketing (sponsored by Hello Starling): Axis Chiropractic, Newport; AluK, Chepstow; Impact School Improvement, Caerphilly.
- Excellence in Exporting and International Trade (sponsored by Monmouthshire Business Awards): Reid Lifting, Chepstow; Keen Attachments, Caldicot; HJ Weir Engineering, Chepstow.
Additional MBA sponsors this year are Torfaen County Borough Council, Broomfield Alexander, Chepstow Racing, AluK and Friars Walk.
Finalists can purchase tickets for the presentation evening and gala dinner via the awards website www.monbizawards.co.uk .