The inaugural Wales STEM Awards has been launched to shine the spotlight on those making a difference to, and championing, STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Maths) in Wales.
Wales has a huge amount to celebrate when it comes to STEM; those leading the sector in Wales, those businesses creating an impact on the Welsh economy, those addressing the STEM diversity gap and skills shortage and those inspiring and raising aspirations of the next generation.
The inaugural Wales STEM Awards are being jointly organised by Grapevine Event Management and communications agency jamjar.
Liz Brookes of Grapevine Event Management said:
“We need to be in a better position to home-grow our STEM talent in Wales but it cannot be left to government or schools alone – businesses have a crucial role to play too. We felt that while there is some great work being done to champion STEM in Wales, there was nothing being done to shine the spotlight on this work to inspire the next generation. These Awards aim to do this, by bringing the business community together for the first time to recognise those entrepreneurial and innovative ventures that are making a difference to the STEM sector.”
There are fifteen categories to enter:
- STEM Start-Up of the Year
- STEM Scale-Up of the Year
- STEM Educational Programme of the Year
- STEM International Business of the Year
- STEM Environmental Initiative of the Year
- Innovation in Science Award
- Innovation in Technology Award
- Innovation in Engineering Award
- Innovation in Mathematics Award
- STEM Rising Star of the Year
- STEM Woman of the Year
- STEM Leader of the Year
- STEM Company of the Year (0-25 employees)
- STEM Company of the Year (26-250- employees)
- STEM Company of the Year (251+)
Entries are now open and can be submitted via the Wales STEM Awards website: https://www.stemawards.wales/awards/award-entry/.
The closing date for entries is Friday 28th February.
The black-tie event will take place on Friday 1st May at City Hall. The evening will start at 6.30pm with a drinks reception and the awards ceremony will take place after dinner.
Cost:Individual ticket – £90+VAT – Table – £900+VAT
WHEN:1st May 2020– 18:30
WHERE:Cardiff – City Hall