CMI Cymru are pleased to be working with the University of South Wales, City Campus in Newport to provide a series of events for Leaders and Managers in Wales.
Continuous Professional Development (CPD) is key to maintaining your knowledge and raising the professional standards of Leadership across Wales.
The session starts at 17:30 with an opportunity to network with leaders from other businesses. Refreshments will be available.
You don’t need to be a CMI member either! We are pleased to invite colleagues from South Wales Chamber of Commerce, ICE and ACCA and other professional bodies and associations, as well as business owners, students and leaders from across Wales.
Our events are FREE to everyone, but we reserve the right to levy a charge of £10.00 if you book a place and do not attend without giving us advanced notice.
The speaker will start the presentation at 18:00 and we aim to finish by 19:30
Please note the university does not have onsite parking, but there are many local car parks only a short walk away. There is limited Disabled (Blue Badge) Parking at the rear of the University Building.
Transformational Coaching with NLP: behavioural change thathas impact!
About this event:
• Have you ever had a client get stuck and using your existing coaching toolkit you can’t seem to help them move forward and been left feeling, ‘what else can I do’?
• Perhaps you’re frustrated as a Coach and feel something is missing from your toolkit?
• Are you are looking for ways to bring about faster behavioural change that lasts?
• Perhaps you’re a Coach who’s looking for further CPD?
• Curious about how NLP might be able to help you become an even better Coach?
• Maybe you’re currently coaching informally and are looking to explore practical ways you can help others and are wondering if NLP might be what you’re looking for?
This workshop will look at the role of effective communication in Coaching, as well the impact that both the Coach and Client’s mindset has on coaching outcomes. We’ll look at the NLP principles to success, how a simple NLP technique encourages clients to look at things from different angles to gain insight and how being mindful of 3 little words can transform the results that you’re able to help others gain!
The 90-minute session is only a taste of what NLP (Neuro Linguistic Programming) can offer Coaches. It’ll be fun and interactive. You don’t need any prior knowledge of NLP or coaching, simply come with an attitude of curiosity and a willingness to learn! Given it’s an introductory level workshop, it will suit executive, business & organisational coaches new to NLP or Line Managers/business owners who coach informally in their role and are looking for even more ways to help others.
By the end of the session you will have covered;
• Getting your and your clients mindset in a place for effective coaching to take place – we’ll look at two of the themes of NLP – the Empowerment theme and Perception is Projection and the role they plan in getting results
• Setting yourself up for success – understand the 5 Principles to Success I teach to each coaching client I would with in their very first session with me and why I cover them.
• Understanding Preferences – are you a literal or inferential speaker/listener? – you’ll be introduced to Meta Programmes (filters of the Unconscious Mind) which are powerful determinants of personality. To be an effective Coach you need to understand your Client’s preferences so that you can adapt your communication and approach to help your Client get better coaching outcomes
• The power of language in coaching – you’ll understand 3 three letter words to use with caution in coaching because of the unhelpful impact you could inadvertently have on coaching outcomes
• Seeing things from a different angle with Perceptual Positions: a great technique (which we’ll do in the workshop) that helps Clients look at problems from a number of angles in order to resolve conflict, problem solve and generate new possibilities or options
Speaker Bio – Laura Evans
After 15 years in HR and Training roles in corporate life Laura decided to follow her passion of how the mind works, empowering people & helping them unleash their potential. She started studying NLP in 2008 is a Master NLP Coach and Trainer of NLP – running NLP & NLP Coaching courses across the UK. A chartered member of the CIPD, Laura’s also a qualified ILM level 7 Executive Coach. When it came to NLP, Laura was amazed at how quickly and easily she could change the way she thought and saw astonishing results when she starting applying NLP in her Coaching with others. She brings a sense of fun, energy and passion to her workshops – “she is one of the [NLP] industry’s rising stars!”
WHEN:19th June 2019 – 17:30 – 19:30
WHERE:Newport – University of South Wales