10th September 2019
16th October 2019
Days Until Deadline:
Days Until Event:
Deadline Friday 10th September 2019
The ITS (UK) Awards is an annual celebration of excellence and recognition for outstanding contributions within the Intelligent Transport Systems industry in the UK.
The first ITS United Kingdom Awards were made in connection with the 2006 ITS World Congress in London and every year since then, this awards program has been integral in acknowledging and valuing the importance of professional ITS expertise whilst raising awareness across all levels of government bodies and communities about the benefits and value of ITS technologies to our cities, economy, environment, transportation and everyday lives.
We had a memorable 2018 Awards ceremony at the Bristol Harbour Hotel in November last year. This year the ITS (UK) Awards will take place at the RICOH Arena in Coventry on Wednesday 16th October. The Awards ceremony itself will take place alongside the Presidents Dinner and therefore it is an evening not to be missed!
Applications welcome from:
The awards are open to any organisation or individual with a UK business office and that has a significant UK ITS content. We especially welcome applications from –
- Researchers, innovators and developers
- Government bodies and local authorities
- Young Professionals
2019 Award Categories
- The Rees Hills Annual Award for personal contribution
- The Sampson Young ITS Professional of the Year Award
- ITS Project of the Year Award
- The Inclusive Mobility Award for innovation
- Innovative Use of Technology Award for creativity and outward thinking
The following criteria are intended to apply to people, organisations, products and services. The judges will look for clear and quantitative evidence of the criteria, but will also consider more qualitative evidence and will exercise personal judgement.
- Innovative – an innovative development bringing together various initiatives or technologies
- Well developed – past the “bright idea” and prototype stage and showing proven technology or business benefits
- Sustainable – durable and likely to have a lasting impact/benefit on ITS
- Transferable – capable of being transferred to other locations/applications
- Interoperable – showing (or be capable of) integration with other ITS developments
- Impact – demonstrable beneficial effects (safety, environmental, congestion, economy, inclusiveness, publicity etc.) above that achievable without ITS
- Leadership – evidence of long-term commitment, leadership, and willingness to be involved
PLEASE NOTE: As last year, each nominee (person, project or organisation) can only be voted for one category. No double nominations will be accepted.