Big Ideas Wales helps young people in Wales who want a start a business and encourages entrepreneurial skills within all young people so that they can use those skills in whatever career they may choose. Big Ideas Wales is managed by the Youth Entrepreneurship Team within Welsh Government.
Our events are free and open to any young person aged 16-24. Please note that numbers are limited and we expect demand for places to be high so we advise you to book early to secure a space.
If you are between 16-25 and are interested in starting a business you can also sign-up for ‘Big Ideas Unleashed’ to receive a free start-up guide, access to Simply Do Ideas, plus you can be referred for further business support from one of our business advisors https://businesswales.gov.wales/bigideas/sign-below-big-ideas-wales
In May this year we saw the biggest ever change in the UK’s Data Protection laws with the implementation of the EU General Data Protection Regulation, which will replace the current Data Protection Act 1998.
This workshop covers:
- An overview of the basic concepts.
- An understanding of consent under GDPR.
- A review of data subject rights including subject access requests.
- A review of data privacy impact assessments and data protection officers
- A summary of data breach reporting and enforcement.
- The online resources to help you.
- Next steps for your business
WHEN:16th January 2019 – 18:00 – 20:00
WHERE:Merthyr Tydfil – Crownford House