Learn to build and manage sites on the WordPress platform
Whether you are looking to kickstart your business with a new online presence or to improve your basic knowledge of WordPress, this course should be of interest to you.
Over 1 day we will help you get to grips with the creation and management of WordPress websites. It is aimed at marketing managers/assistants, digital marketing staff, creative teams and business startups.
On completion of this 1-day course you will:
- Understand the fundamentals of WordPress
- Learn how to set up a WordPress site from scratch
- Learn how to add widgets, change themes and create menus
- Find out how to write blog posts and pages
- Be able to add and embed a number of different media
- Understand how to engage visitors
Session 1 – A close look at the blogosphere
- Who blogs and why do they blog?
- What are the main platforms?
- What is the difference between WordPress.com and Wordpess.org?
Session 2 – Defining objectives
- What are your business objectives?
- Who is your audience?
Session 3 – Blogging fundamentals
- Exploring themes and page layout
- How do posts differ from pages?
- Evaluating different styles of blogs from diverse companies.
Session 4 – Setting up a blog
- Starting out: domain name, mapping, layout, etc
- Theme selection and considerations
- Using and adding menus
- What are widgets and how can we add them?
- Developing simple content articles.
Session 5 – Writing content
- Aligning your content to your business objectives
- Knowing when to write pages/posts and creating a blog diary
- How to write SEO-friendly and good quality content
- Learn over 25 great writing techniques
- Discover the importance of context
- Explore how to format – from links to embeds
Session 6 – Sourcing content and creating images
- Understanding the context of your business
- Using Twitter and Facebook to find quality content
- Sourcing and creating great images for headers and articles
Session 7 – Finding viewers and keeping them
- How to use Social media and connect your channels
- Setting up RSS to email notifications
- Using Google Search console to support your blog.
- Considering blogger outreach and influencers
Session 8 – Measurement, 3rd party apps and future planning
- Learn how the stats within WordPress work and what they mean
- Connect third party accounts
- Start blogging from a mobile device
- Consider the benefits of WordPress.org vs WordPress.com
Cost:From £210 (early bird booking)
WHEN:13th December 2018 – 09:15 – 16:30
WHERE:Cardiff – Llanishen