Join us for Rhual Dairy’s second Strategic Dairy Farm meeting hosted at Plas Hafod Hotel followed by a visit to Rhual Dairy.
At this meeting we will discuss transition cow management, winter rationing and the results of the recent IBERS under sowing maize with grass trial.
Anna and John will be joined by Phil Clarke (P & L Consulting), Dr Mo Kemp MRCVS (Wern Vets) and Huw Powell (IBERS PROSOILplus Project) who will provide an overview of their progress and learning.
In the meeting we will discuss:
- The impact of the new transition shed on herd health and performance
- The importance of the dry period
- How to carefully manage transition cows
- How to spot tell-tale signs of problems in transition
- The components of good winter rationing
- The IBERS under sowing maize trial results
As this is a joint event with AHDB some data which you have supplied Farming Connect at registration will be shared with them. To understand more about how and why AHDB use your data, please visit the AHDB website.
For more information regarding the event please call Richard Davies, AHDB on 07966 237841.
WHEN:12th December 2019 – 10:45 – 14:30
WHERE:Mold – Plas Hafod