Entrepreneurs interested in starting a business in Wrexham can tap-into loads of free support. Wrexham Council, Business Wales and other local agencies offer all kinds of help for people looking to turn their ideas into reality.
You might be surprised by the amount of help available – from property searches and business planning to free training – but it makes total sense to support new businesses. A buoyant start-up scene can boost the local economy and create jobs for local people.
Here are just some of the places you can get help and support if you want to start a business in Wrexham.
1. Wrexham Council
- We’ve been in the business (excuse the pun) of supporting business for a long time, and have lots of resources and expertise you can tap into.
- We can help you find premises, help you network with other businesses, and put you in touch with potential suppliers (and customers).
- We can also sign-post you to training and finance opportunities.
- Take a peep at our Businessline web-pages for starters, or pop into Wrexham Library for a chat (you’ll find Businessline upstairs).
2. Business Wales
- The internet. How did we live without it?
- And how did start-ups live without the Business Wales website?
- This is a really smashing resource for anyone thinking about starting-up in Wrexham – or anywhere else in Wales.
- You’ll find detailed guidance on things like business planning, ICT, marketing and so on.
- Plus inspiring stories from entrepreneurs who took the plunge, and a free online training platform called BOSS (Business Online Support Service).
- You’ll also find loads of info about local business events and workshops. So get networking.
3. Superfast Business Wales (SBW)
- Digital technology (short-hand for internet-based tech) is a game-changer for any business – big or small.
- Learning how to build a website that will increase your sales. Protecting yourself from cyber-attacks. Using social media to engage with potential customers…
- Stuff like this can really help a start-up gain traction.
- SBW is the digital arm of Business Wales, and provides workshops and other support to help entrepreneurs get to grips with digital.
- There’s lots of other support out there too – from colleges and universities to specialist training and finance-providers.
If you’re thinking seriously about starting a business in Wrexham, contact our business support team on 01978 667300.